Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blessed Brother Sirvante: On Reaching Out!

I think one of the most difficult things in life for most people is reaching out.  I mean we all like to think that we would support a good and noble cause.  Or rally to the right in times of disaster,  or crises.  However the plight of the common man is becoming so common that we hardly pay attention anymore.  Every day Americans are loosing their homes, families are braking up, and the infrastructure of this great nation just isn't the same anymore.  Our spirits scream for substantiation as we reach to the next up and coming politician for some ray of hope.  And our causes all seem centralized instead of expansive oriented.  Help thy fellow man has become a byword even in the thoughts of most agencies that are in trusted to do just that.  If we are to sustain our selves as a civilized society in representation of the true goodness of man.  Then we must all remember that we are no greater then the least of us in representation.   A close family member once told me when I was up and coming.  And had developed a talent to such a point that I was beginning to get public recognition.  His words of wisdom and admonition were, " Treat people like you want to be treated!"   In these times of term oil, and distress.  Truer words were never spoken!  I sometimes will give my last dollar to a stranger on the street if I think they're truly in need.  And it's not because I want to be noble, or give myself some sort of perverse adulation.  It's because I know one day I might wake up and find myself just like that person.  I've seen well educated people in homeless shelters, soup lines, and living in tent's in the bushes.  And for no good reason sometimes except for the fact that time just past them by.  My call to you is next time you pass somebody who may be down on their luck is to just share a smile.  Let them know they're still human!  And their life matters.  And you just might be reminded how much your life matters too.  And that's the best way to reach out!
Bless you all in the name of  Jesus!  Blessed Brother Sirvante.

No comments:

Post a Comment